ZENB Vegan Tahini Mac and Cheese
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 339.79g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Looking for a gluten free and vegan way to make Mac and Cheese? This ZENB Macaroni Pasta recipe uses tahini to deliver a delicious twist on this classic dish. This mac and cheese is high in fibre, while providing a source of protein. Enjoy!
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Macaroni Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas
- 2 medium carrots, unpeeled, scrubbed, tops removed
- 64g tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus additional for serving
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 250ml pasta cooking water; drain. Return pasta to pot.2.
Chop carrots into ½-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water; cover. Microwave 3-4 min. or until tender. Cool.3.
Add pasta water, carrots and remaining ingredients to blender jar. Blend 30-45 seconds on high speed until smooth. Transfer carrot mixture to pot. Mix 2-3 min. on medium-low heat until heated through. Serve immediately garnished with black pepper.