ZENB Penne with Braised Tuscan Kale & Oyster Mushrooms
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
Serving Size: 558g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This recipe combines a variety of vegetables and spices with ZENB Penne Pasta to create a flavourful, health-conscious dish. This recipe meets a variety of nutrient standards including a good source of fibre, and an excellent source of vitamin A.
- • 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- • 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed
- • 226g oyster mushrooms, torn into bite-size pieces
- • 3/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- • 475ml vegetable stock
- • 1/2 teaspoon white soy sauce
- • 23g grated Parmesan cheese
- • 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
Cook ZENB Pasta 2 min. less than directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and thyme; cook 2-3 min., stirring constantly until translucent. Add mushrooms, salt & pepper; cook 4-6 min. or until most liquid is evaporated.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add kale and stock. Bring mixture to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 8-10 min., stirring occasionally until kale is wilted and tender. Stir in pasta and soy sauce; cook 1-2 min. until pasta is tender. Remove pot from heat; add remaining ingredients. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined.
Oyster mushrooms grow in a bundle attached to a tough central stem. Cut the thin, tender caps off of the central stem before cooking. Reserve the stem to make a great stock.
White soy sauce is lighter in color and flavor than regular soy sauce. It’s a great way to add a big hit of umami without changing the flavor profile of your dish. White soy sauce is available at well stocked grocery stores or online.