Spinach, Cipollini & Cheddar ZENB Pasta Bake
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 27 minutes
TOTAL TIME 47 minutes
Serving Size: 737g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This recipe uses small, seasonal Italian onions called Cipollini. They have a sweet flavour that is fantastic when roasted and caramelized. Combine that with ZENB Macaroni Pasta, spinach, cheddar, and more and you’ll love this pasta bake.
- 170g ZENB Macaroni Pasta made with Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 226g cipollini onions, peeled, trimmed, quartered
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 475ml vegetable stock
- 59ml white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 90g loosely packed baby spinach
- 41g shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat oven to 375°F. Cook ZENB Pasta 2 min. less than directed on package; drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in medium cast iron or ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and thyme; cook 5 min. stirring occasionally until golden. Add stock, wine, salt & pepper. Bring mixture to a low boil; cook 3-4 min. or until onions are tender. Remove and discard thyme sprig; stir in spinach. Cook 1-2 min. or until just wilted.3.
Remove pan from heat. Add pasta, ¼ cup cheddar, Parmesan, parsley and lemon juice; mix gently until well combined. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Bake covered, 15 min. or until edges are bubbling and cheese is melted.