Italian Sausage, Kale, & Cherry Tomato ZENB Pasta Toss
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 491g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This pasta dish delivers a variety of flavours by combining Italian sausage, kale and cherry tomatoes and more. This is the perfect dish for a flexitarian diet or someone looking to get more nutrition out of their traditional pasta dishes.
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Fusilli Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk hot or mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 125ml white wine
- 200ml chicken stock
- 268g loosely packed baby kale
- 149g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 22.5g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 100g coarsely chopped basil
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat; add sausage. Cook 7-10 min. until deep golden brown, while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Drain sausage; return to skillet.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add onion and garlic. Cook 3-4 min. or until translucent, stirring frequently. Add wine; bring to boil scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook 3-4 min. until most liquid is evaporated. Add stock; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in pasta, kale and tomatoes; cover. Cook 1-2 min. or until greens are wilted.
Remove pan from heat; add cheese & vinegar. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined. Serve immediately sprinkled with basil.