Creamy ZENB Cajun Chicken & Sausage Penne
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 309g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This ZENB Penne Pasta recipe features Cajun Chicken, smoked sausage, and parmesan cheese to create a flavourful dish for six. Not only will you enjoy the mix of flavours, but you’ll get a high source of protein and fibre, also this dish is a source of calcium, vitamin K and iron!
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- 2 links smoked sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 62g shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry chopped Italian parsley, plus additional sprigs for serving
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 237ml pasta water, drain.2.
Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt & pepper. Cook 4-5 min., stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add sausage; cook 3-4 min. until edges start to brown. Add garlic; cook 30 sec. stirring constantly until fragrant. Sprinkle flour over skillet.3.
Stir in reserved pasta water and sour cream until well combined. Bring mixture to a simmer. Add pasta, cheese and parsley; mix gently until well combined. Serve immediately garnished with additional parsley.
For a spicier dish, use smoked andouille sausage. For a less spicy dish, reduce the Cajun seasoning to 1 tablespoon.