Berbere-Spiced Crispy Skin Chicken & Vegetables with ZENB Macaroni Pasta
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME 65 minutes
Serving Size: 468g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This chef-created recipe brings together ZENB macaroni Pasta with berbere-spiced chicken and vegetables to elevate the taste of your next kitchen creation. High in protein, a source of fibre and high in vitamin A, this recipe is something that is sure to leave everyone happy.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- tablespoon berbere spice, divided
- 226 g cubed butternut squash, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- medium red onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slivers
- 113g rainbow baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- box (340g) ZENB Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- small lemon, zested, juiced
- cup golden raisins
- coarsely chopped Italian parsley, plus additional for serving
Preheat oven to 220°C. Whisk 2 teaspoons each, oil and berbere spice in large bowl. Add squash, onions, and carrots; toss to combine. Combine remaining oil, berbere, salt & pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal and turn bag until chicken is well coated.2.
Heat large cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down. Cook undisturbed, 6-8 min. or until skin is golden brown and crisp. Transfer chicken to clean bowl. Remove skillet from heat. Add vegetable mixture; return chicken to skillet atop vegetables. Bake 35-40 min. or until chicken is deep golden brown and cooked through (75°C).3.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed. Drain, return to pot. Stir in lemon juice & zest, raisins and parsley. Serve pasta topped with chicken, roasted vegetables and additional parsley leaves.