ZENB Fusilli with Quick Turkey Bolognese
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Serving Size: 589.57g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This ZENB fusilli Pasta dish is a delicious and simple way to get in a good source of protein. Traditional Bolognese takes much longer to make, but this recipe helps you maximize the flavour in just 30 minutes.
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Fusilli Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 120ml red wine
- 125ml low sodium chicken stock
- 793g crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 22.5g grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Place bacon in large pot on medium-high heat. Cook 4-6 min. until browned and crisp. Add turkey, salt & pepper to pot. Cook 5-6 min., while breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Add onion and garlic; cook 3-4 min., stirring frequently until translucent. Add wine and stock; cook 3-4 min. or until liquid is reduced by half.2.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in tomatoes; simmer 10 min., or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain.3.
Stir pasta, cheese and vinegar into sauce. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of butter before serving for extra richness. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Traditional Bolognese sauce takes hours to prepare. This version maximizes flavor in 30 minutes.