ZENB Penne Primavera with Peas, Artichokes, & Pine Nuts
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 564g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This vegetable-based Penne Primavera with peas, artichokes, and pine nuts is a great way to enjoy your ZENB Penna Pasta. Packed with a good source of fibre and low in saturated fat, this delicious recipe takes only 20 minutes to make and may just become your new kitchen staple.
Recipe by Chef Erling Wu-Bower
- • 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 small onion, finely chopped
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- • 260g oil-packed artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- • 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- • 120ml white wine
- • 134g frozen green peas
- • 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- • 22.5g grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- • 10g chopped basil
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain; keep warm.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, salt and pepper; cook 3-5 min. or until translucent. Add garlic, artichokes and pine nuts; cook 2-3 min., stirring frequently until garlic edges begin to brown. Add wine; cook 2-3 min. until liquid is reduced by half.3.
Reduce heat to medium. Add pasta and peas; cook 1-2 min. or until heated through. Remove pan from heat; add remaining ingredients. Mix gently until cheese is melted and well combined. Top with additional fresh ground pepper before serving.