ZENB Penne, Peas & Plants
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 25 minutes
Serving Size: 526.44g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Enjoy ZENB Penne Pasta in a gluten free and vegan recipe that uses peas and nuts to deliver a delicious dish. A source of protein and fibre, this ZENB Pasta recipe is sure to be a new go-to on your kitchen dinner menu.
Recipe by Lauren Lovatt
- 170g ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 250ml ow sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- 134g frozen peas
- 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 Brazil nuts, finely grated
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 125ml pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5-7 min. or until translucent and edges begin to brown. Add garlic; stir constantly 30 sec or until fragrant. Stir in pasta, reserved pasta water, stock, salt & pepper. Cook 3-4 min. or until liquid is reduced by half. Add peas; cook 1-2 min. until thawed.3.
Remove pan from heat; add lemon juice and zest. Mix gently until well combined. Serve topped with grated Brazil nuts.