ZENB Macaroni Pasta e Fagioli
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 35 minutes
TOTAL TIME 45 minutes
Serving Size: 539g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Get excited to cook up this low calorie version of the traditional Italian soup, Pasta e Fagioli. Using ZENB Macaroni Pasta, this dish delivers on taste while staying low in fat and sodium. Whether you want to enjoy this as a main dish or as part of a larger dinner, we cannot wait for you to give it a try!
- • 170g ZENB Elbow Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas uncooked
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 57g pancetta, finely chopped
- • 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- • 1419ml low sodium chicken broth
- • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- • 1 can diced tomatoes
- • 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stemmed, chopped
- • 45g grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Heat olive oil in large pot on medium heat. Cook pancetta 4-6 min. until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate with slotted spoon.2.
Add onion, garlic, salt and red pepper to drippings. Cook 5-6 min., or until translucent. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring frequently until slightly darkened in color. Stir in broth, ZENB Pasta, beans, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 11-13 min. or until pasta is tender.3.
Stir in 30g parmesan cheese. Garnish with crispy pancetta and remaining Parmesan before serving.
For a slightly smoky flavour, substitute bacon for pancetta.