ZENB Fusilli Hot Harvest Bowl
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME 55 minutes
Serving Size: 577g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This vegan, gluten free recipe combines ZENB Fusilli Pasta with a variety of vegetables and a homemade roasted red pepper sauce. This dish provides a good source of fibre and the ability to swap in any of your favourite harvest vegetables.
Recipe by Lauren Lovatt
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Fusilli Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 medium beetroot scrubbed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium parsnip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- 300g roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pack oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 268g loosely packed baby kale leaves
- 200g multi-color grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beetroot, carrots and parsnips on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle oil over vegetables; sprinkle with rosemary leaves, salt & pepper. Bake 35-40 min. or until vegetables are tender with caramelized edges.2.
Meanwhile, cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 125ml pasta cooking water. Drain; return to pot.3.
Add all ingredients for roasted red pepper sauce in blender jar. Pulse 15-20 seconds or until smooth. Add reserved pasta water; blend 20-30 seconds until smooth. Pour mixture into pot with pasta. Cook 3-4 min. on medium heat until heated through.4.
Divide pasta, roasted vegetables, kale and tomatoes evenly between 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with pepitas before serving.
Other vegetables that would work well include Brussels sprouts, winter squash, onions or sweet potatoes.