ZENB Fusilli Carbonara Casserole
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
Serving Size: 318g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This delicious baked Carbonara Casserole recipe using ZENB Fusilli pasta to deliver a warm, delicious dish for the entire family. Made with bacon, parmesan cheese, and garnishes, this dish will be a new go to when you need want to enjoy your ZENB Pasta.
- • 1 box (340g) ZENB Fusilli Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- • 6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- • 675ml Semi-Skimmed milk
- • 41.5g plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- • 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt & ground black pepper
- • 1 cup frozen peas
- • 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat bacon in large deep skillet on medium heat. Cook 5-6 min. until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towel-lined plate.3.
Discard all but 3 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet. Add garlic and flour. Cook 1 min. on medium heat while stirring constantly. Whisk milk into pan; bring mixture to a low boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 min. or until slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in ½ cup Parmesan, salt & pepper, peas, and pasta. Mix until well combined.4.
Spoon mixture into 13x9-inch baking dish lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake 20-25 min., or until golden brown. Let stand 10 min. before garnishing top with reserved bacon and parsley.
Add 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat to the pasta mixture for a heartier dish.