ZENB Easy Curried Lentils
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Sweet Carrot Gourmet Pasta Sauce
This low-calorie, gluten-free recipe is made using ZENB Sweet Carrot and Tomato Marinara Pasta Sauce to help make preparation easier while delivering a flavourful dish.
- ZENB Sweet Carrot Gourmet Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup uncooked brown lentils
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add lentils; reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 min., or until tender. Drain lentils.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, carrots, garlic and salt; cook 4-5 min. until softened. Add curry powder; cook 1 min. stirring constantly until fragrant.3.
Stir in ZENB Sauce and ginger. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add lentils; simmer 2-3 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with coriander before serving with rice.
Serve with a fried egg and crusty bread for a great brunch dish.