ZENB Chicken Penne Pad Thai
PREP TIME 12 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 32 minutes
Serving Size: 325g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This Chicken Pad Thai recipe uses ZENB Penne Pasta as the base for this delicious dish. You’ll enjoy the classic flavour combination while getting in a good source of protein. If you’d prefer to have a meatless dish, you can swap the chicken for firm tofu and enjoy the flavours just the same.
- • 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- • 60ml fish sauce
- • 60ml fresh lime juice
- • 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- • 42g light brown sugar
- • 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (Asian chili garlic paste)
- • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- • 453g boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- • 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- • 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- • 22g chopped roasted, unsalted peanuts
- • 22g fresh coriander leaves
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 125ml pasta cooking water; drain. Whisk fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and sambal in small bowl.2.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add chicken; cook 10-12 min. or until browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to clean plate.3.
Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add onions and peppers; cook 6-8 min. until tender-crisp. Add pasta, reserved pasta water, sauce mixture and chicken to skillet. Mix gently until well combined. Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts and cilantro before serving.