Vegan ZENB Pasta Puttanesca
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 21 minutes
TOTAL TIME 26 minutes
Serving Size: 517g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This vegan dish features Puttanesca, a classic Italian sauce made with a combination of vegetables. This sauce, combined with ZENB Fusilli Pasta will bring an elevated flavour profile, while also providing a good source of fibre.
Recipe by Chef Erling Wu-Bower
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Fusilli Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 90g pitted mixed olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons salt-packed capers, soaked, rinsed
- 240ml red wine
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained, coarsely chopped
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon white soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 20g chopped basil
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 125ml pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, combine olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic in large skillet on medium heat. Cook 2-3 min. until golden. Add onion, olives and capers; cook 4-5 min. until onion is translucent.3.
Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in wine; cook 3-4 min. until liquid is reduced by half. Add peppers, tomatoes and soy sauce; cook 4-6 min. until tomatoes have softened. Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved pasta water, pasta, vinegar and basil to the pan. Mix gently 1-2 min. until well combined.