Spicy Amalfi-Style Salmon with Saffron & ZENB Fusilli
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 25 minutes
Serving Size: 655g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Bring some extra spice and flavour into your pasta dinner with this Spicy Amalfi-Style Salmon with Saffron and ZENB Fusilli. This recipe uses the unique spice Saffron, which adds a subtle honey-like floral aroma and a vibrant yellow-orange hue. This dish is perfect for salmon and pasta lovers looking for a low calorie, low fat, and good source of protein without sacrificing the taste appeal.
Recipe by Chef Erling Wu-Bower
- • 1 box (340g) ZENB Rotini Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- • 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • 1 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
- • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- • 1-2 red Fresno chiles, stemmed, finely chopped
- • 1/2 teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- • 237ml white wine
- • 793g crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- • 453g boneless salmon filet, cut into bite-size pieces
- • 1 small lemon, zested, juiced
- • 200g coarsely chopped Italian parsley
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 125ml pasta cooking water in small bowl; add saffron. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, chiles, salt & pepper; cook 3-4 min. stirring frequently until translucent. Add wine; cook 3-4 min. or until liquid is reduced by half.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and saffron water. Bring mixture to a simmer; add salmon. Cook 1-2 min. until opaque. Stir in pasta, zest, juice and parsley; mix gently 1-2 min. until heated through.