Sausage & Peppers Penne
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 45 minutes
Serving Size: 692g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
Proving protein and low in calories, this delicious ZENB Penne Pasta dish may be your new go-to. Combining the flavour of sweet Italian chicken sausage with a variety of veggies and seasoning, this mouth watering recipe is a great way to enjoy ZENB Pasta.
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 118ml low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Cook ZENB Pasta as directed on package. Reserve 125ml pasta cooking water; drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage links to skillet. Cook 8-10 min. turning frequently until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer sausage to clean plate; cool. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.3.
Add onion and peppers to same skillet. Cook 7-8 min. Until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 min., stirring frequently, until combined. Stir in reserved pasta water and broth; bring mixture to a simmer.4.
Add pasta and sausage; cook 2-3 min., until heated through. Serve garnished with basil and Parmesan cheese.