One-Pot Black Bean Fajita ZENB Penne
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 27 minutes
TOTAL TIME 37 minutes
Serving Size: 756g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This low calorie, one-pot recipe is a great way to enjoy your ZENB Penne Pasta. Combining the taste of various spices, black beans, and cheese, this recipe delivers on familiar flavours you know and love.
- • 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 3 peppers (red, green and yellow), cut into thin strips
- • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon cumin
- • 1 teaspoon chili powder
- • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 946ml low sodium chicken broth
- • 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- • 1 can black beans, rinsed
- • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- • 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
Heat oil in large Dutch oven or pot on medium-high heat. Add peppers, onions and salt to pot. Cook 5-6 min., stirring occasionally, until tender. Add spices; cumin, cook 1 min. until fragrant.2.
Stir in ZENB Pasta and broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 12 min. or until pasta is al dente.3.
Stir in corn and beans; cook 2 min. until heated through. Remove pan from heat. Add cheese; mix gently until cheese is melted. Serve garnished with coriander.
Serve with toppings like lime wedges, sour cream, avocado slices and hot sauce.