Autumn is all about the changing colours of leaves, the crisp, cool air outside, and the delicious variety of comfort foods. These No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Tarts will be a perfect addition to your autumn feasts, especially without having to bake them. They are a perfect balance of sweet and veggie goodness that friends and family will absolutely love.
Makes: 16 servings Prep Time: 30 min.
10 pitted dates
2 ZENB Carrot Veggie Sticks, coarsely crumbled
35g cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 teaspoon melted virgin coconut oil
175ml pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons non-dairy nut milk or coconut creamer
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon corn starch
70g teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Process dates in food processor until finely chopped. Add remaining crust ingredients and process until mixture starts to stick together.
2. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of 16 lined mini muffin cups. Place muffin tin in freezer.
3. Whisk filling ingredients in a medium microwave safe bowl.
4. Cook covered, 2- 2-1/2 min, whisking every 30 seconds until glossy and thickened. Then Leave to cool.
5. Spoon filling into crusts; return to freezer 2-3 hours or until set. Let stand 10-15 min. at room temperature before serving.
● Make these tarts up to 2 days ahead. Store in freezer in covered container.
● Garnish the tarts with optional toppings like: coconut whipped topping, toasted pumpkin seeds, toasted coconut, citrus zest, edible flower petals, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or additional crumbled ZENB Carrot Veggie Sticks.