Caramelized Courgette & ZENB Penne with Effortless Summer Pesto
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Serving Size: 385.32g
|Amount per Serving*|
FEATURED IN RECIPE
This recipe combines the delicious flavour of pesto with a Courgette packed ZENB Penne Pasta recipe. This meal takes only 20 minutes to make and is a great way to fill your pasta craving while getting in a good source of fibre.
- 1 box (340g) ZENB Penne Pasta made from 100% Yellow Peas, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium Courgette, quartered lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- ¼ teaspoon each salt & ground black pepper
- 175 ml vegetable stock
- 175ml prepared Effortless Summer Pesto
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Cook ZENB Pasta 2 min. less than directed on package. Drain.2.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the courgette to skillet in single layer. Cook, undisturbed, 3-4 min., or until bottoms are deep golden brown. Season with salt & pepper.3.
Reduce heat to medium; add pasta and stock. Cook 2-3 min., stirring occasionally until pasta is done. Remove pan from heat; stir in pesto and vinegar. Sprinkle with pine nuts and additional ground pepper before serving.